Kollywood Comedy King-Vadivelu



Madurai Vadivelu



Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"I will make Vadivelu a hero again" swears the director


Even before starting on the story discussions, Shakti was smart to get Vadivelu's call sheet. What's this confidence he has in Vadivelu?

"We do not have a Charlie Chaplin, Laurel Hardy or a Jim Carrey to speak of. Nor are we likely to see an Eddie Murphy. Senthil and Gowndamani are our south Indian equivalent of Laurel and Hardy. Gowndamani tried his hand as hero in a couple of films. It did not work out and he was out of the film field twice on that account.

He then did the hero role of Chinnakalaivanar 'Panju' but Panju got punctured after a mere week. Thinking that it may be a freak result, he decided to use his fist. But the blow landed on him only as the reels gathered fungus in their boxes, without having takers.

In spite of knowing all this, Vadivelu has been brave enough to take the role of hero in 'Himsai Arasan 23rd Pulikesi.' "The subject was a comedy, so I thought, why not this one film? After this, I'll come running back to comedy," says Vadivelu to all he meets. He has become hero but this panic is in case producers and directors start making a beeline to other comedians!
When such is the case, what's this about making Vadivelu a hero again?

Shakti Chidambaram has another explanation for this. "I am a comedy based director. I give great respect even to minor comedians. Vadivelu is a big comedian. He has an equally challenging role to Sathyaraj in 'Kovai Brothers.' I am determined that I will make such an actor a hero," he says in a stubborn tone.

The Vaigai cyclone has still not heard about it. When he does....!

1 Comments:

At February 20, 2010 at 1:30 AM , Blogger luckyboyssvr said...

Hi,

I'm very happy my reading this blogs,
Very interesting news about my star,

Read my blog and give feedback:
http://luckyboyssvr.blogspot.com/2010/02/abolish-valentines-day_06.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Vadivelu